Client: Dube & Co, Saint-Leonard, QC
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Training Manager (TM) will be accountable for the delivery of certified aircraft maintenance training courses worldwide. The TM performs, participates in or manages all duties related to maintenance training operations. More specifically, the TM shall be responsible to ensure that the training curriculum / courses meet government regulatory requirements. The TM will be sufficiently familiar with the corporate learning management system (LMS) and Virtual Class solution (VC) to assign training, update documents, and measure training success. The TM will oversee adaptation to the existing training material as required to be published via the LMS, creation of exams/quiz and augmentation of training material as required to meet business objectives.
· High School Diploma or equivalent (Required).
· Technical degree in aviation, teaching, or a closely related discipline (Preferred)
· A minimum of 10 years’ experience as an aircraft maintenance instructor combined with minimum 5 years’ experience performing in a team leadership role.
· A minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in the maintenance of transport category aircraft.
· TC CAR 566, FAA Part-147 or EASA Part-66 Aircraft Maintenance License on at least two Business Aircraft platforms (Preferred Cessna and/or Hawker Beechcraft) and at least two Commercial Aircraft platform (e.g. Boeing, Airbus, EMB and/or Bombardier)
· Expert aircraft maintenance training instructor
· Strong hands-on aircraft maintenance background
· Knowledge of aircraft avionics system
- Experience delivering Virtual Classroom would be a definite asset
- Experience providing Human Factors, Health & Safety and/or Train the Trainer courses would be a definite asset
- Strong (above average ) written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal and organizations skill with the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong time management skills
- Strong presentation, reporting and facilitation skills
- Good understanding of / ability to learn web based technology
- Willing to work flexible hours including night, week-ends and holidays
- Ability to travel frequently (up to 40%)
Aircraft (A/C) Maintenance Training Manager (60%)
- Providing instructor staff leadership to ensure the delivery of high quality courses in line with the regulatory and standards requirements.
- Managing the development of new courses as needed.
- Meeting clients and/or regulatory authorities to discuss and resolve training delivery audit findings.
- Acting as a key point of contact with key customer accounts to manage training delivery and services issues.
- Ensuring that all training delivery “critical processes”, as defined in the quality program, are adhered to by staff.
- Coordinating work schedules with training coordinator and assist in the generation of monthly schedules.
- Assisting in the recruiting, hiring and development of staff.
- Providing budgetary training delivery costing information.
- Providing train-the-trainer to the new instructors on instructional techniques and on the virtual learning platform.
- Co-developing, implementing and providing training on quality procedures for day-to-day operations that meets the appropriate Transport Canada (ATO CAR 566) and FAA (FAA Part-147) regulations.
- Certifying of new instructors as defined in the Transport Canada approved training policy manual.
Training Instructors (40%)
- Acting as a subject matter expert for a suite of Cessna and/or Hawker Beechcraft aircrafts.
- Acting as a maintenance training instructor for selected Business and Commercial aircrafts.
- Teach theoretical portion in formal or virtual aircraft maintenance training classroom such as but not limited to: all aircraft systems and procedures, maintenance paperwork, stores department procedures, safety, human factors, test equipment, root cause analysis, repair, engine run and taxi operations, and other subjects
- Give hand-on practical portion of training on actual aircraft or actual equipment.
- Teach recurrent, informal, test equipment and on the job training
- Conduct aircraft engine run and/or taxi operation utilizing live aircraft and/or flight simulators
- Redaction and maintenance of training documentation
- Assist with developing, implementing, and revising training curriculum
- Assist with the maintenance, upkeep, security, and auditing of training records
SALARY : 85 000,00 – 95 000,00$ / year
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org