is looking for a well-organized, personally driven individual to join a hardworking team responsible for keeping Technical Operations current and qualified. The maintenance training instructor will be responsible for designing and delivering classroom training of various safety courses, endorsement courses, aircraft systems training, and other matters relating to operations.
- Conduct practical and classroom training on safety, aircraft systems and other related Technical Operations courses
- Conduct safety training and technical training for other departments, both internally and externally.
- Research and develop training manuals, lesson plans and curriculum.
- Liaise with Flight Operations and Technical Operations to identify course requirements and frequency.
- Write and revise approved department training manuals as required by Transport Canada and Canadian OSH Regulations or FAA regulations.
- Provide technical support to Flight & Tech Ops by researching technical problems and distributing their resolution via Flight Ops Memos, Technical Training Bulletins & Memos and Safety Training Bulletins.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager – Technical Training Qualifications:
Must possess an AME
license or FAA
Must be endorsed on one or more of the following aircraft(s):
- Augusta westland
- De Havilland
- Hawker- Socata
- MD Helicopters
10 years aviation experience required
Three (3) years on Transport Category aircraft considered an asset.
Must be proficient at reading and interpreting electrical schematics/wiring diagrams.
Must also demonstrate proficiency with hand tools, power tools and multi-meters.
Experience developing and instructing aircraft maintenance training courses is an asset.
Completion of instructional techniques, course design, technical writing or related course is an asset.
Intermediate computer skills in the Microsoft Office Suite required.You have a mastery of the English language (written and spoken).
A demonstrated self-starter with excellent communication and organizational skills.