The B-1 Subject Matter Expert is a highly-motivated, self-driven team player that has the ability to perform in a fast changing business environment. This candidate will provide the engineering staff with B-1 systems theory of operation and an understanding of how the B-1 aircraft systems operate and interact. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience with the B-1 aircraft.
The B-1 Subject Matter Expert reports to the Lead Systems Engineer.
• Provide all engineering departments with B-1 knowledge of all system operations.
• Monitor future changes to the B-1 aircraft and make recommendations on changes to the training systems to keep them concurrent with the aircraft.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with the Air Force Program Office and Training Detachments.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with the B-1 Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).
• Request technical data from the Air Force and OEMs to support B-1 Training System upgrades.
• Participate in aircraft and training system design reviews.
• Participate in Training System Hardware/Software Integration (HSI).
• Participate in Training System Testing.
• Participate in developing Training System documentation including Test Procedures
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in related technical field, preferred
• Experience as Weapon Systems Operator (WSO) on the B-1 aircraft or experience as a B-1 pilot with an understanding of WSO operations, preferred
• Knowledge in the operation of the B-1 Offensive System and Defensive System operation
• Knowledge in the operation of the B-1 Flight Systems
• System test experience, preferred
• Demonstrated requirements analysis skills and ability to trace requirements to test procedures
• Personal computer skills (e.g., word processing, spread sheet, presentation graphics)
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Established leadership skills
• Effective ability to organize and prioritize program tasks
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with multiple contingencies requiring attention
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
• Current Secret Clearance
10-25% travel required depending on the phase of the contract