is looking for a Simulator Qualification and Test Documentation Specialist for the Montreal, Qc area.
Reporting to the Manager, Simulator Qualification & Test Documentation, the Simulator Qualification & Test Documentation Specialist will be responsible for developing and checking qualification test procedures and documentation for all levels of Flight Simulation Training Devices.
- Develop and check tests to assess the performance of the simulated aerodynamic, ground handling, flight controls, and powerplant models against flight test or other validation data
- Ensure the developed tests produce results that are within the qualification requirements;
- Support acceptance and qualification of the Flight Simulation Training Device, both in-plant and at customer site (on-site).
- Evaluate aircraft performance, including flight dynamics and related aircraft systems (i.e. flight controls, landing gear, engines, etc.);
- Work with others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Aerospace, Aerodynamics) or equivalent technical field.
- Knowledgeable in aircraft flight dynamics.
- Familiarity with C++.
- Problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail, thoroughness.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Good technical writing skills in English.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work with others.
- 3-5 years relevant experience would be an asset (acceptance of complex technical platforms such as aircraft or military systems), allowing the ability to master technical documentation related to Qualification Test Guides for simulation training platforms